The following post aims to illustrate how the Glue Store and Youtube utilise Pepper and Rogers 5 I’s of marketing in their websites.
1. Identification – The companies ability to understand the details of who their customers are.
When signing up for a Youtube account, the website asks for your age and gender to get an idea of the demographic of their customers. However, Glue Store does not ask any such identification questions. As such they may be unaware of the demographic of their customers.
2. Individualism –Companies tailored offering for lifetime purchases
Glue store offers rewards for becoming a such as tracking your purchases and checkout with more ease, along with receiving extra benefits such as birthday rewards and special offers.
Youtube has at the bottom of its website different languages that the website can be converted into. Additionally it asks for your home country so it can recommend trending videos within that nation.
3. Interaction – Dialogue used in order to understand the needs of the customer as well as interacting and building a relationship.
Glue Store offers several means of communication for their customers inducing a live chat as well as an email address to get in direct contact with regarding complaints and queries etc.
Youtube offers their customers a Help Centre which has many FAQ’s and responses but does not offer a email address or any way in which to get in direct contact with anyone. It does however offer a community help forum where you can directly contact other customers regarding any issues you may have.
4. Integration – of knowledge of customers into all parts of the company
Glue Store has a banner for ease of access to certain products that the customer may be interested in buying
Youtube has a recommended section on its website for videos from similar channels and videos to ones you have previously viewed. Each Youtube website is unique and individualised due to prior video searches
5. Integrity – the companies ability to devolp trust through non intrusive marketing
Both Glue Store and Youtube have sections of their websites dedicated to their companies terms and conditions as well as privacy laws to ensure the customer feels safe on their websites at all times.